The Danielson campus and QV at Windham Technical HS physical locations are closed.
Quinebaug Valley Community College has a number of coming events in October. The following events are free and open to the public:
- October 1 – Tour Tuesdays – Come take a tour of the Danielson campus, every Tuesday at 5:30pm during the month of October. Contact: Sarah Hendrick (firstname.lastname@example.org , 860-932-4096).
- October 4-5 – 24-Hour Comics Day – Create a 24-page comic book in 24 hours! Begins at 3pm on October 4 and ends at 3pm on October 5. Free food, spare art supplies, and plenty of coffee. Contact: Jakob Spjut (email@example.com, 860-932-4156).
- October 7 & 8 – Puerto Rico Now: A Presentation by Rose Reyes – A Hispanic Heritage Month event. Danielson: October 7 @ 12:30-2pm in the Fireside Lounge. Willimantic: October 8 @ 6:30-8pm in the library at QV@WT. Contact: Jon Andersen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4054).
- October 18 – Tackle the Trail – This twenty-mile, non-technical trail race offers a challenge to both experienced runners and weekend warriors. Open to individuals or relay teams of up to five people. Register at tacklethetrail.org. Contact: Monique Wolanin (email@example.com, 860-932-4174).
- October 28 – Blood Drive – Give blood! Held in the Fireside Lounge (Danielson Campus) from 11am-4pm. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter: QVCC to schedule an appointment. Contact: Cindi Brassington (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4061).
Quinebaug Valley Community College has a robust event calendar through the end of the month.
- September 18 – The QVCC Foundation Annual Golf Tournament – Join the QVCC Foundation for their Annual Golf Tournament at Connecticut National Golf Course from 9am-5pm. Contact: Monique Wolanin (email@example.com, 860-932-4174).
- September 18 – Down to Earth: What Can We Do? – An interactive climate change workshop. 12:30-2pm in the Danielson Cafeteria & outside. Attendees will receive small take-home items and resources. Rain date: Wednesday, September 25. Contact: M’lyn Hines (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4056).
- September 18 – Nursing Information Session – Learn about the Community College Nursing Program from Sarah White, Nursing Admissions Specialist for the Connecticut Community Colleges. 1:30-2:30pm in M154. Contact: Sarah White (email@example.com, 860-723-0652).
- September 25 – Career & Networking Event: Emerging Technologies and the Future of Work – Learn how emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning are of ever-increasing importance for college students preparing for the workforce. 10:30am – 12:30pm in the Fireside Lounge. Lunch will be provided. Contact: Katie Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4089).
- October 18 – 2019 New England HTEC Educators Conference – Network with leading manufacturing experts, attend instructor forums, learn about available Haas support, enter for a chance to win a Haas CNC Simulator, and more. 8am – 3pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Register on the QVCC website. Contact: Jodi Clark (email@example.com, 860-932-4128).
- October 19 – Tackle the Trail – This twenty-mile, non-technical trail race offers a challenge to both experienced runners and weekend warriors. Open to individuals or relay teams of up to five people. Register at tacklethetrail.org. Contact: Monique Wolanin (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4174).