Welcome to QVCC Disability Services!
Quinebaug Valley Community College is committed to the goal of achieving equal educational opportunity and full participation for individuals with disabilities. The college makes reasonable academic adjustments for students with disabilities supported by appropriate documentation. Students who wish to disclose a disability are encouraged to do so as early as possible. If you choose to disclose your disability, or if you wish to request accommodations, please do the following:
Disclose Disability and Discuss Accommodations with a Disabilities Service Provider
1. Complete the online QVCC Self Disclosure Form for Students with Disabilities. Please be sure to answer all the questions to the best of your ability. If you are unsure or need assistance, please Book an Appointment or email the Office of Academic Affairs directly to assist you with this process. If you have an electronic copy of your disability documentation you can upload it to the online Self-Disclosure Form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Release of Information Disability Form may be used in order for your high school to furnish disability documentation. This form should be completed and given to your high school if desired. After submitting the completed Self Disclosure Form, you will receive an email with instructions for requesting academic adjustments.
2. Meet with a Disabilities Service Provider and provide documentation of your disability if you did not include it with your Self-Disclosure Form. Meetings will be conducted by phone or video (or in-person by appointment) as best suits your needs. You may email or phone the Office of Academic Affairs directly and wait for a reply, or you may Book an Appointment Online. Online appointments will be via phone or video. To request an in-person meeting please email directly. Please provide documentation before the meeting when possible. If you experience any difficulties in providing it or have questions regarding documentation, you may still book an appointment and we will discuss options to assist you when we meet. We will also discuss the accommodations you may wish to request.
3. If you are requesting adjustments for an upcoming semester, it is recommend you meet with a Disabilities Service Provider after you have registered for classes to finalize academic adjustments. However, you may discuss class options during the appointment prior to registering if it is helpful. It is highly recommended that you register and complete the Disability Services process well in advance of the start of the semester. However, Disability Services are available throughout the year.
Implement Academic Adjustments
4. Once the accommodations have been approved, you and your professors will be provided with a link for the electronic accommodation authorization memo by email . Please follow the link to review and approve the accommodations then make any arrangements that may be necessary with each instructor.
5. Throughout the semester, contact the Office of Academic Affairs every two to three weeks to provide updates on your academic progress, or more often if you have questions or concerns.
After registering for the next semester, contact the Office of Academic Affairs as soon as possible to obtain a new accommodation authorization memo, as a new memo is required for each semester.
Get Started Early!
It is a student’s responsibility to request particular accommodations and provide appropriate documentation in a timely manner. Generally, three weeks advance notice is sufficient, although some types of accommodations may require more advance notice (for example a student who may require sign language interpreting services should provide at least six weeks notice – preferably more – to enable timely scheduling of interpreters).
If a request for academic adjustments is submitted with less than three weeks advance notice, the college will make a reasonable attempt to meet the request, but cannot guarantee that the request will be met without delay or substitution. We will do our best to respond to mid-semester requests as quickly as possible.
For more information: