4 Steps to Becoming a QVCC Student
If you are visiting from another college this summer to take courses, you must apply and be accepted prior to registering.
Learn more about summer college>>
Start Your Bachelor Degree at QVCC
Returning and Transferring Students, Parents, Veterans, and Others
We encourage you to visit the campus and get a feel for the warm welcoming atmosphere and level of energy and enthusiasm.
Tour and information sessions are held throughout the academic year, as well as a financial aid night, and fall and spring open houses. Your can learn more about our programs, facilities, faculty and the value of an education at QVCC.
The Parent Guide is a resource designed to help parents navigate through the college admissions process. Inside the guide you will find information on financial aid, tips for success, information on activities beyond the classroom, and more.
Thank you for considering QVCC for your college education.
If you are an international student studying on F-1 visa, QVCC currently does not allow you to enroll in courses without permission from your sponsoring college or university.
Requirements for International Students
• Provide a current college schedule from your sponsoring university
• A copy of your Visa
These are requirements of the Department of Homeland Security. All international students must have their classes reported through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). QVCC is not a SEVIS school so it is required that your sponsoring school complete this task.
International students are not eligible for in-state tuition.
Congratulations for choosing to start your college career while still in high school. There a number of different ways you can earn college credits.
The College Career Pathways (CCP) Advantage
CCP provides an opportunity for career exploration while earning free college credits in high school.
High School Partnership Program (HSP)
If you are a high school junior or senior student from a participating HSP school, you can take college courses (fall and spring) – free of charge. QVCC waives the tuition and fees for enrolled HSP students. You will be responsible for the cost of books and supplies for the classes, as well as for transportation.
Early Admission of High School Students
If you demonstrate sufficient academic ability and maturity, you may be considered for enrollment in credit courses on a full-paying basis.
This program is designed to allow a senior in high school to finish their high school graduation requirements through enrollment in college courses at QVCC.
If you previously attended QVCC…welcome back!
If you have not attended in the past four semesters, you will need to re-apply to the college and may need to complete some of the 4 Steps to Become a Student if you didn’t complete these steps previously.
If you have attended within the last two years, meet with advisor in our Student Success Center to register for courses.
If you have attended another college or university while you were gone and want credit for courses taken, be sure to submit your official transcript and complete the transcript evaluation form.
Quinebaug Valley Community College is committed to the goal of achieving equal educational opportunity and full participation for individuals with disabilities. Students who wish to disclose a disability are encouraged to do so as early as possible. If you choose to disclose your disability, or if you wish to request academic adjustments, please do the following:
Disclose and discuss academic adjustments with a disabilities service provider
Implement Academic Adjustments
Get Started Early!
Please visit the Disability Services page for complete information >>
Checklist for Transferring Students
- Complete the admissions application and you will receive email communication about your application and your acceptance
- After acceptance: View the Accepted Student Checklist, set up your student portal MyCommNet account and QVCC email
- Submit your immunization records and high school completion by logging into you application account
- For placement into courses, you can submit an unofficial college transcript while working with an advisor. If you have college level English and/or math, or SAT/ACT scores, you can submit your unofficial transcript or test scores to admissions along with the Assessment Exemption form for the appropriate waivers. Alternatively, you can submit your high school GPA to admissions for the appropriate course placement.
- An official transfer credit evaluation will be completed after you have been accepted and matriculated into the College. You must submit official college transcripts to the QVCC Office of Admissions and complete the transcript evaluation form which can be found and uploaded in your application account or emailed to admissions. This is needed to have your transcript evaluated for your declared major. Once evaluated, the transfer evaluation will be sent to your college issued email.
Ready to meet with an advisor to register for classes?
We are closer than you think!
QVCC is a short drive from our neighboring states, conveniently located off Route 395 and Route 6. Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents now qualify for in-state tuition.
Beat the traffic, save money, and get a great education. Learn more >>
Thank you for your service!
If you are a veteran, service member, or dependent and are eligible for military educational benefits, then QVCC is the place for you!
QVCC is committed to providing the best possible quality education, guidance, and support for our military men and women. This commitment is so important to us that we have been name a Military Friendly Institution for six consecutive years! In 2016, QVCC was ranked as the #2 Military Friendly Community College in the country.
QVCC is approved by the CT Department of Higher Education. This enables eligible Veterans, service members and certain dependents of veterans the ability to receive VA educational benefits.
Complete information can be found on the Veterans’ Services page >>
Have a quick question?
Email the Admissions team – Amanda, Annie & Sarah
Schedule a Virtual Appointment:
Schedule a virtual appointment Monday-Friday.
Can’t make it during regular hours? The Admissions team is offering extended-hours appointments on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Drop-in on Tuesdays from 2pm-4pm to speak to an Admissions staff member.