AN INVESTMENT FROM THE STATE THAT PAYS OFF FOR YOU!
Start in the Spring semester for Free
- There is NO application process for free tuition
- You must apply for financial aid
- Must meet the qualifications below to qualify for the funding.
You don’t have to be a recent high school graduate to attend for free. If you meet the PACT criteria, you can attend for free regardless of your age!
Committed to Low-Cost Education
To be eligible, students must be CT residents, a graduate of a CT high school, be new first-time college students, be registered full-time apply for FAFSA, and complete any outstanding requirements, i.e.proof of high school completion and financial aid verification.
Because of the rising cost of college education, QVCC prides itself on graduates leaving the College with little to no Federal student loan debt.
There are many types of students and not all qualify for PACT. If you do not meet the qualifications for PACT, QVCC is committed to providing a Low-Cost education for our students. Assistance comes in the form of Federal and State grants, scholarships and assistance from the QVCC Foundation. The Foundation scholarship application period begins annually on February 1.
How to Be Eligible for PACT
The PACT program covers 3 years of tuition and fees
Maximum credits can be earned PACT
Deadline to be enrolled for classes for fall
Deadline to be enrolled for spring classes
Number of credits required for full time status
In order to have your tuition and fees covered by the State of Connecticut PACT program you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the State of Connecticut
- Be a graduate of ANY Connecticut High School, GED Program or Home School Program
- Must be attending College for the first time (transfer students and re-admissions do not qualify)
- Enroll as a full-time student and REMAIN a full-time student. Full time = 12 credits or more
- You must enroll in a credit degree or certificate program
- Apply and complete the Federal Financial Aid Process. PACT is NOT need based!
- Completion of the FAFSA is required for each academic year
- You must remain in satisfactory academic progress to keep PACT funding
- Developmental education courses qualify towards PACT full-time status
At this time, PACT does not cover the following:
- You are currently enrolled at a Connecticut Community College
- Attendance at any institution of higher education as a credit student in the past
- Enrollment as a part-time student (taking fewer than 12 credits)
- You have previously earned a College degree
You must enroll as a full-time student (12+) and remain as a full-time student in consecutive semesters.
If you have earned college credit in high school through Running Start, High School Partnership, CCP or other dual enrollment programs, you still qualify for PACT. PACT is NOT need based but requires all students to apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year that you are attending QVCC.
You must meet satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for Federal Financial Aid
If you are disclosing a disability through QVCC Disability Services, you can qualify for PACT.
You must work with the QVCC Disability coordinator and with your academic advisor to determine the maximum number of credit hours feasible. Priority registration deadlines, November 15 for Spring and July 15 for Fall, must be adhered to.
Veterans can receive PACT funding and must adhere to the enrollment deadlines and student status information included in Who Qualifies?
The following extenuating circumstances may be considered:
- Documented military deployment (must re-enroll within four years of discharge)