Welcome to the Fall Semester
The QVCC community has been busy making plans to reopen safely for the fall semester. This dedicated page will help as we transition into the fall 2020 semester. Please continue to reference this pages for additional updates and more resources.
Beginning on Tuesday, July 21, the QVCC Danielson campus will be open for students needing assistance with completing the admissions process or for advising assistance for the fall semester. Campus will be open Tuesdays and Thursday, by appointment or virtually on a daily basis by booking a remote appointment.
As of the week of July 20,
8:30 – 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
Academic Advising: 860.932.4020
Financial Aid: 860.932.4003
QVCC Atrium Main Entrance
On-campus appointment protocol
Enrollment staff will be available, by appointment and in-person, as we reopen in July. When you arrive at the Danielson campus, call the Student Success Center, 860.932.4020 prior to entering the building. Once your appointment is confirmed, you will enter through the atrium and must sign-in by the security desk. You are encouraged to bring your own notebook and pen, or iPad or smart phone for taking notes.
To be sure you are staying up-to-date with critical information about the College and your college experience, you MUST check your official student college Email.
College Email Instructions
- You must enter the campus through the Atrium, located adjacent to the Veteran’s Garden.
- You may not bring family members or guests into the building with you.
- Students, faculty and staff are required to wear a face mask while on-campus and must follow social distancing protocols. CSCU Mask & Social Distancing Guidelines
- Social areas and common areas will not be available for use.
Health and Safety Protocols
In addition to a stringent daily system of disinfecting and cleaning based on CDC and CT Department of Public Health guidelines, the following measures are being implemented:
- Partitions, Plexiglas shields, podium shields, and other enhanced safety measures will be installed.
- We have significantly increased the number of hand sanitizer stations on campus, which will be available at all building entrances, all classroom entrances, and in other high traffic areas in buildings.
- Wipes or disinfectant spray and paper towels will be available for use in high contact and frequently used areas, including classrooms prior to each class meeting.
- Signage and floor tape will be used to remind the campus community of social distancing requirements, the mandatory wearing of masks, and other health and safety protocols.
- Maintenance and Custodial and other employees in high contact areas will use protective equipment as needed to ensure their safety and that of the campus community.
Class Formats for Fall
Fall 2020: Course Options and Services
Update: July 7, 2020