A Message From the Dean
I would like to welcome you to QVCC. We want you to feel comfortable teaching here and connecting you to the right resources is important. With that in mind, here are the names and emails of our department chairs and the disciplines they oversee:
|Social Sciences/Humanities||Jayne Battyefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Feel free to reach out to me or the appropriate department chair if you have questions about QVCC. Thank you and enjoy your semester!
Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Services
Information for Adjunct Faculty
To ensure your contract is processed smoothly, please be aware of the following:
- New employees are given a new hire packet. It is important to fill out all forms and return as soon as possible to avoid delays in your pay. For questions, call HR at 860.932.4015.
- You need to fill out new Federal and Connecticut tax forms each calendar year.
- Anyone who works for another state agency, is doing an overload, or is teaching more than one course here at QVCC will be considered to have Dual Employment. Please complete the bottom section of your contract prior to sending it to HR.
- Adjuncts are normally paid eight bi-weekly payments per semester. The pay period schedule includes check and pay dates. Your check will be mailed on each Thursday of the pay week.
- For those lecturers who are interested, health insurance is offered with non State subsidized rates and billed to you once per month.
Adjunct Faculty Resources
If you are interested in becoming an adjunct at QVCC, please email your resume, unofficial transcripts, and a completed Community College Employment Application to: