FREE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Complete the college application process and be accepted
- Complete the entire financial aid process
- Must meet the qualifications below to qualify for PACT funding
- No PACT application required!
You don’t have to be a recent high school graduate to attend for free. If you meet the PACT criteria, you can attend for free regardless of your age!
Committed to Low-Cost Education
To be eligible, students must be CT residents, a graduate of a CT high school, be new first-time college students, be registered in 6 credits or more, apply for FAFSA, and complete any outstanding requirements, i.e.proof of high school completion and financial aid verification.
The PACT program covers 3 years of tuition/fees and up to 72 credits.
In order to have your tuition and fees covered by the State of Connecticut PACT program you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the State of Connecticut
- Be a graduate of ANY Connecticut High School, GED Program or Home School Program
- Must be attending College for the first time (transfer students and re-admissions do not qualify)
- part-time and full-time students, 6+ credits or more.
- You must enroll in a credit degree or certificate program
- Apply and complete the Federal Financial Aid Process. PACT is NOT need based!
- Completion of the FAFSA is required for each academic year
- You must remain in satisfactory academic progress to keep PACT funding
- Developmental education courses qualify towards PACT full-time status
At this time, PACT does not cover the following:
- You are currently enrolled at a Connecticut Community College
- Attendance at any institution of higher education as a credit student in the past
- Enrollment in less than 6 credits
- You have previously earned a College degree
QVCC remains committed to DEBT-FREE education for our students. All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid (awarded in grants) and apply for scholarships through the QVCC Foundation
If you have earned college credit in high school through Running Start, High School Partnership, CCP or other dual enrollment programs, you still qualify for PACT. PACT is NOT need based but requires all students to apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year that you are attending QVCC.
You must meet satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for Federal Financial Aid
If you are disclosing a disability through QVCC Disability Services, you can qualify for PACT.
You must work with the QVCC Disability coordinator and with your academic advisor to determine the maximum number of credit hours feasible.
Veterans can receive PACT funding and must adhere to the enrollment deadlines and student status information included in Who Qualifies?
The following extenuating circumstances may be considered:
- Documented military deployment (must re-enroll within four years of discharge)