QVCC Foundation Scholarships!
Online Scholarship Application Closed!
Due to QVCC campus closure because of COVID-19 we are taking alternative steps to our application process.
The QVCC online application is now closed. All completed applications must be received and or postmarked no later than Wednesday, March 25th.
This should include:
– Cover Page
– Personal Statement
– Two Letters of Recommendation (academic, character)
– All military applicants must provide DD214
– All art applicants must provide a portfolio
You can submit your completed application to the best of your ability two ways:
1. Mail files no later than post stamped date March 25th to:
QVCC Student Success Attn: Scholarship
742 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239
2. Email all files in ONE email to: DBayerCarreaux@qvcc.edu
Most scholarships are available to students who will attend QVCC in the 2020-2021 academic year and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. We recommend that scholarship applicants carefully review individual scholarship criteria.
All scholarship applications and supporting documents are accepted between February 1 and March 13, 2020 at noon. It is the scholarship applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the packet is complete and on time. Failure to do so will void the application.
Steps to Complete Application Process:
The scholarship application consists of:
- Application (Online only, see red link at top of page)
- Official transcript – current students can access through MyCommNet
- Personal Statement – The committee reviews this component very carefully in order to help match recipients with donor’s intent. (download below)
- Two current letters of recommendation (one academic and one character. Download below)
- All military applicants must provide their DD214.
- All art scholarship applicants must provide a portfolio to be turned in at the SPIROL Art Gallery by March 13.
All supporting documents must be submitted in one packet at the Student Success Center in Danielson.
- Scholarship applicants are screened by an impartial committee from the QVCC Foundation.
- Scholarship awards are presented at the QVCC Foundation Scholarship Night on Wednesday, May 6 at 5:00 P.M.
- Recipients are notified in advance of the ceremony and are required to attend to receive their awards.
For More Information
Call the Financial Aid Office at (860) 932-4003.
Note: Violation of the College’s Code of Conduct policy may result in loss of scholarship.