Credit Programs for High School Students
The College Career Pathways (CCP) Advantage
CCP provides an opportunity for career exploration.
- Free college credits in high school
- Graduating from high school with a college transcript that can follow you to the college of your choice
- Saving money on college tuition
- Career Pathways focuses on career related skills necessary to become prepared for continued education and the competitive job market
- Prepare for highly skilled, high demand, and high-paying jobs
High School Partnership Program (HSP)
If you are a high school junior or senior student from a participating HSP school, you can take college courses (fall and spring) – free of charge. QVCC waives the tuition and fees for enrolled HSP students. You are responsible for the cost of books and supplies for the classes, as well as for transportation.
- Have a minimum cumulative scholastic average of 80 or “B-” overall and a “B” in subject matter
- Complete the High School Partnership application, available from your guidance office or QVCC Admissions Office, and attach your transcript and immunizations records
- You must apply for financial aid
- Be recommended by your guidance counselor
- Take the Basic Skills Assessment for placement and acceptance into the program; the test may be waived if you provide SAT or ACT results with appropriate scores
- Meet with an admissions staff member at QVCC for advisement and to select an appropriate course
High School Partnership slots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can use these classes towards a QVCC degree or certificate or can transfer the course to another college or university.
For more information contact your guidance counselor or Sarah Hendrick, Associate Director of Admissions.
Early Admission of High School Students
If you demonstrate sufficient academic ability and maturity, you may be considered for enrollment in credit courses on a full-paying basis.
- Complete the application for admission and are required to take the Basic Skills Assessment prior to acceptance
- Satisfy all prerequisites
- Register for a maximum of two college classes
For more information contact your guidance counselor or Sarah Hendrick, Associate Director of Admissions
Is Running Start for you? This program is designed to allow a senior in high school to finish their high school graduation requirements through enrollment in college courses at QVCC.
- You can participate for the full academic year or for the spring semester only
- The program is a partnership between QVCC, the high school you attend, and the student/parents
- You can complete your first year of college (30 credits) at the time of high school graduation
For more information contact Sarah Hendrick, Associate Director of Admissions