DANIELSON, CT — Quinebaug Valley Community College has a number of upcoming spring events. The following events are free and open to the public:
- January 30 – Chinese New Year Celebration – Join us on Thursday, January 30 at 12:30pm in the Robert E. Miller Auditorium for Chinese New Year, celebrating 2020: The year of the rat. Dream Performing Arts and their many talented performers will be here for singing and dancing demonstrations. Contact: Ling-chuan Chu (email@example.com, 860-932-4072).
- February 12 – Black History Month – Celebrate Black History Month with QVCC from 10am-2pm on February 12 in the Robert E. Miller Auditorium. We will welcome back Dr. Stacey Close, Associate Provost and Vice President for Equity and Diversity at Eastern Connecticut State University, for a presentation on “African Americans and the Vote.” Contact: Michelle Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4075).
- February 4, 11, 18, 25 – Tour Tuesdays – Come visit QVCC for Tour Tuesdays! Every Tuesday at 5:30pm during the month of February. See what QVCC can offer you! Contact: Sarah Hendrick (email@example.com, 860-932-4096).
- March 11 – Open House – Join us for our Spring Open House on March 11 at 6pm. Open House is the best way to discover why QVCC should be your choice for starting, finishing, or continuing your college education. One student who applies on or before March 11 (and attends Open House) will win a $1,000 scholarship towards a degree or credit certificate program. Contact: Sarah Hendrick (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-932-4096).
- March 26 – Naloxone Training – Through the Connecticut Healthy Campus Initiative grant (CHCI), QVCC will offer a free training on administering Naloxone (Narcan) during an opioid overdose. The training will be held on March 26 in room W106 (Danielson Campus) from 5-6pm. Training is open to the public and includes a free Naloxone kit to take with you. Contact: Mikaela Kitka (email@example.com, 860-932-4299).