A Phlebotomy Technician is an important member of the clinical laboratory team, drawing blood from patients, transporting the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing, and entering patient data into computer systems.
The Phlebotomy Technician program is designed to teach the knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including the collection of blood specimens and venipuncture required to become a Phlebotomy Technician. The Phlebotomy Technician program includes theory and hands-on instruction. The program will teach students the concepts of Introduction to Phlebotomy & Infection Control, Legal Issues in Healthcare, Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology, Phlebotomy Equipment & Supplies, Phlebotomy Procedures, and Phlebotomy Fundamental Essentials. This program is designed for learners who want to advance their careers or interested in starting a career in the medical field to become a phlebotomy technician.
Successful students will:
- Attend all course sessions
- Successfully complete course quizzes and exams
- Meet the in-class certification requirements of the National Healthcareers Association (NHA) certification exam
- Pass the NHA certification exam
- 120 hours – Attendance is required for all lecture-lab sessions.
- GED / HS Diploma
- Provide health certification, TB Testing, and vaccination forms prior to the start of lab-based training.
- Students should be able to lift at least 50 lbs. or more and be able to stoop, kneel, or stand for extended periods of time.
- English reading and writing proficiency.
- English Language Learners (non-native English speakers), please contact Maria Garcia-Alvarez for assessment prior to registering for the course.
Spring 2023 Schedule Information – CRN # 1698
- Instructor: Wilbet Ching
- Instructional Method: TRAD
- Course Dates: 3/8/2023 – 8/16/2023
- Course Day: Wednesdays
- Course Times: 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Registration deadline: 3/1/2023
Course Fee: $2,200
- Eligible for payment plan
- Eligible for SNAP Education & Training
- Eligible for EWIB Healthcare Pipeline funds
- Textbooks not included
- Includes National Healthcareer Association certification exam
For information about how to register online, click here.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Danielson Campus, Student Affairs Suite, Room C151
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT 06239
Use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover to register.
A 100% refund will be granted up until five (5) business days before the start of your class as long as the request is made during normal business hours.
Employment in this occupation is expected to grow much faster than average, and the number of annual openings will offer good or favorable job opportunities. Connecticut Department of Labor data (visited December 20, 2022).
Statewide Wage Information:
Average Annual: $44,582.00
Average Hourly: $21.43
Entry Level (hourly): $17.54
Mid-Range (hourly): $19.01 – $24.32