The Student Government Association (SGA) is lead by a committee of QVCC students elected by their peers. The SGA is operated under the guidelines of a Constitution and By-laws. The Constitution informs how the SGA is structured, decisions are made, and business is conducted.
- To secure and promote the well-being and rights of all QVCC students.
- To provide an effective means of communication between the students and other college constituencies
- To provide leadership and coordination for a well-balanced co-curricular student activities enrichment program
- To oversee the distribution and expenditure of the Student Activities account pursuant to established SGA, QVCC, and State regulations
- To act as a voice to inform the public about the needs of Community College students
SGA holds open meetings at least twice a month, whether in-person or online. All registered students are welcome to attend a meeting to learn more about upcoming events and activities, online and on-campus events, and opportunities to get involved with the college community.
The 2021-2022 meeting schedule has not yet been determined, but check back closer to the beginning of the Fall semester for more information!