This is the Connecticut mandatory class for Security Guard Certification; CT Guard Card. The class goes over all the basics about the Security Industry and how to be a Security Officer. It also covers all the laws pertaining to the security industry in CT, all the state laws governing self defense and use of force, and the laws governing citizen’s arrest in Connecticut. We cover the use of force continuum, fire safety, the history of security, work place violence, terrorism, fire safety, communication skills, and many other aspects of the security industry.
Time Commitment – 8 hours
Fall 2022 Schedule
- Instructor: Louis Bonito, LJB Security Training
- Instructional Method: TRAD – These classes will be held in-person.
- Days: Thursday
- CRN 3317: September 8, 2022, Danielson – W102
- CRN 3318: October 6, 2022, Danielson – W105
- CRN 3319: November 10, 2020, Willimantic Room 1
- Time: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Registration deadline: One week prior to class start
- Cost: $150
Eligible for SNAP Education & Training Funds
A 100% refund will be granted up until five (5) business days before the start of your class as long as the request is made during normal business hours.
Employment in this occupation is expected to grow more slowly than average, but the number of annual openings will offer excellent job opportunities.
Contact us via email or at 860-932.4005.