Transfer Toolbox

Preparing to Transfer

Navigating the transfer process can be challenging, but Guided Pathways Advisors are here to help with your next higher education decision.

Explore your transfer pathway options with the Transfer Navigator Tool or view the resources below to learn more about different transfer agreements – just remember to set up an appointment with your Guided Pathways Advisor when you’re ready to discuss your transfer plans.

In-State Articulation Agreements

CT State Universities & Colleges

Transfer Tickets

CSCU logo

There are CT Community College Associate Degrees called “Transfer Tickets” designed to guarantee only 60 credits remaining at CSCU. Each pathway has “Framework30” or General Education courses which are required PLUS the specific Pathway30 courses, which are taken at QVCC.
View the course transfer equivalency tools for each CSU.

Transfer Tickets are available for:
Charter Oak State College (COSC), Central Connecticut State University (CCSU), Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU), Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU), and Western Connecticut State University (WCSU)

College of Technology (COT)

Engineering & Technology Pathways

The College of Technology provides seamless career pathways between community colleges and select in-state universities for students to earn certificates, Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in Engineering and Technology disciplines.

Partners include:
CCSU, Fairfield University, Sacred Heart University, SCSU, University of Bridgeport, UConn, University of Hartford, University of New Haven

CT Independent Colleges & Universities

CT Guarantee

CT Guarantee LogoThe Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee allows CT Community College associate degrees to transfer to participating 4-year independent colleges in the state – admission guaranteed!

Partners include:
Albertus Magnus College, Goodwin University, Mitchell College, Quinnipiac University, Sacred Heart University, University of Bridgeport, University of Hartford, University of New Haven, University of Saint Joseph

University of Connecticut

Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP)

UConn Blue Gray LogoUConn GAP is designed for CT Community College students who plan to earn a degree from either the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS); the College of Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources (CAHNR); or the School Of Business.

Students must be in a Liberal Arts & Science program and apply to GAP before completing 30 transferable credits. Those interested should contact GP Advising for further information and assistance.
View course transfer equivalencies.

Out-of-State Articulation Agreements

New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE)

NEBHE Tuition Break for New England Residents logo
NEBHE’s Tuition Break program, the New England Regional Student Program (RSP), provides significant tuition savings to residents of the six New England states when they enroll at out-of-state public colleges and universities within New England and pursue approved programs.

Bryant University

Bryant University LogoTransfer to Bryant University for Accounting, Digital Marketing, Entertainment, Finance, Global Supply Chain Management, Management: Human Resource, Info Systems & Analytics, Management: Leadership and Innovation, Marketing, and Team & Project Management.
View the course equivalencies.

Nichols College

Nichols College LogoComplete a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with concentrations in Accounting, Criminal Justice Management, Hospitality Management, or General Business through the ABLE Initiative – all with a significant tuition discount.

Rhode Island College

Rhode Island College LogoTransfer up to 75 credits for courses with a grade of C or higher toward the academic major, General Education component, or as electives at Rhode Island College. Some QVCC students may also be eligible for RIC’s Northeast Neighbor special tuition discount of in-state prices + 50%.
View the course equivalencies.

University of Maine

UMaine LogoQVCC students can transfer to the University of Maine with two full years of credit toward a bachelor of science degree in Surveying Engineering Technology. Students will only need to complete at least 30 credits at UMaine to earn the degree. View program course equivalencies.