Stand up! Join up! Take action!
April 18, 2017
Join QVCC and partners The Connecticut Audubon Society Center at Pomfret, The Northeast District Department of Health, The Last Green Valley and WINY to celebrate Earth Day on Tuesday, April 18, 11 – 2:30 p.m. at the Danielson campus.
Schedule of Activities
- 11 – 2 p.m. Earth Day Vendors
- 11 – 2 p.m. QVCC Student Events
- Student Government Association, “Trash to Treasures” – C127 – across from the auditorium – Similar to a swap. Pick out a “treasure” that QVCC faculty, staff and students no longer want. Left-over items will be donated to a local organization
- “Blossom with SGA” – Plant seeds!
- QMC Teen Outreach Program – Crayon recycling program
- EASTCONN RTS – Importance of recycling
- Environmental Chemistry – Poster display
- Art Club – Mural creation
- Student musician Joh Denault
- 12:30 p.m. Presentation by Brenda Ekwurzel, Senior Climate Scientist, Director of Climate Science, for the Climate & Energy Program at the Union of concerned Scientists (UCS).
|ARC Quinebaug Valley||Blueberry Hill Organic Farm||Friends of Goodwin Forest||Hull Forest Products|
|Joshua’s Trust||Killingly Conservation Commission||Mother Nature’s Garden||New Roxbury Land Trust|
|Paul Wakely Builders||Project Learning Tree||Tunk City Revival||Willimantic Whitewater Partnership|
|Windham Tolland 4-H Camp||Habitat of Eastern Ct ReStore||Woodstock Sustainable Farms||Wyndham Land Trust|
|Travis Family Farm||Dragon Blood Elixir||Masterpiece Minerals||Wolf Den Land Trust/Eastern CT Forest Landowners Assn.|
About Earth Day
The first Earth Day on April 22, 1970, activated 20 million Americans from all walks of life and is widely credited with launching the modern environmental movement. This year’s campaign is all about environmental & climate literacy. Learn more .