Community Health Worker
Community Health Workers help community members gain access to care, increase knowledge about disease prevention and improve health outcomes. Learn to provide culturally appropriate health education and outreach to advocate for clients, motivational interviewing skills, self-awareness, and more. You can learn more about the Department of Public Health certification requirements here.
Employment Outlook: The following information is provided by the CHW resources website.
- Wage Projection: For Community Health Workers in Connecticut, the median wages reported for 2015 were $18.69 per hour/$38,870 annually. Please see the following for detailed information: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/21-1094.00
- Employment Projection: In Connecticut, from 2014 to 2024 the number of Community Health Worker jobs is projected to increase 13%. Please see the following for detailed information: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/21-1094.00
- Additional Information: The website Explore Health Careers provides detailed information on Community Health Workers, job outlook, and salary ranges. More details can be found: https://explorehealthcareers.org/career/allied-health-professions/community-health-worker/
Time Commitment: 126 hours
Spring 2023 Schedule Information – CRN#1722
- Dates: 3/21/2023 – 6/15/2023
- Format: LRON (Live Remote)
- Meeting Days: T/TH/S
- Times: T/TH – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; S – 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Location: Online
- Instructors: TBA
- Cost: $2,699 Payment Plan available, Tuition Assistance for eligible students.
- Registration Deadline: 3/17/ 2023
For information about how to register online, click here.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Danielson Campus, Student Affairs Suite, Room C151
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT 06239
Use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover to register.
A 100% refund will be granted up until five (5) business days before the start of your class as long as the request is made during normal business hours.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education