Tobacco- and Vape-Free Policy
As of January 1, 2017, Quinebaug Valley Community College’s Danielson campus is tobacco- and vape-free. Smoking/vaping is prohibited on all campus property, including all indoor and outdoor space of the College and Quinebaug Middle College, and inside all vehicles.
The policy applies to any individual on campus property, including but not limited to students, employees, contractors, subcontractors, volunteers, visitors, and members of the public.
Littering of any smoking product or any other waste product on College property is prohibited.
Smoking (burning, inhaling, or exhaling) includes:
• Electronic cigarettes
• Any other smoking equipment, or drug paraphernalia, whether filled with tobacco
or any other type of material
Violation may result in monetary fines issued by QVCC’s security officers and/or disciplinary action by the appropriate administrative office.
In adopting this policy, QVCC remains committed to providing a healthy learning and working environment for its students and employees and comports with the goals outlined in the Climate Action Plan.
Violators of the tobacco- and vape-free campus policy will be required to pay fines as follows:
• Smoking on campus property will be subject to a $50 fine for each violation.
A warning may be issued for the first offense.
• Noncompliant students may be referred for disciplinary actions by the appropriate
• Noncompliant College employees may be referred to their respective supervisor.
Violators will be required to pay the appropriate fine within 30 calendar days after the violation has been issued. The following penalties will apply after the aforementioned 30 calendar days have expired:
Students: Grade reports, transcripts, and registration will be withheld.
College Employees: Violators will face disciplinary action in accordance with the terms of the appropriate bargaining unit.
Resources for Smoking Cessation
• American Heart Association (Quitters Win)
• American Lung Association
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office Smoking and Tobacco Use
QVCC offers smoking cessation classes in partnership with Day Kimball Healthcare. For more information, contact, Jennifer Green (firstname.lastname@example.org / 860.932.4140).