Fall 2022 Late Start Courses
Late Start courses will be offered during the Fall 2022 semester as an alternative to the traditional 16-week full semester courses. These courses are designed in an accelerated format, giving students the opportunity to earn necessary credits in a condensed timeframe. Late Start courses begin the weeks of September 12 or October 24 and end the week of December 18. To register for a Late Start course, follow the directions here.
Visit the Academic Calendar for more important semester dates.
Some of QVCC’s accelerated courses include:
- BIO*123 Biology of Human Disease
- COM*101 Intro to Mass Communications
- ECE*103 Creative Experiences for Children
- ECE*176 Health Safety & Nutrition
- ECN*101 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENG*101 Composition
- ENG*102 Literature & Composition
- ESL*297 Special Topics in ESL
- HSE*141 Addiction and Mental Illness in Behavioral Health Care
- MFG*179 Career Awareness for Manufacturing
- MED*125 Medical Terminology
- MED*216 Electrical Medical Records Management
- OCE*101 Intro to Oceanography
- SCI*103 Recent Discoveries in Science
See course descriptions here. Please note that courses are subject to change.
TO SEE THE COMPLETE LIST OF LATE START OFFERINGS WITH TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
- Visit my.commnet.edu
- Select: Search for Course Offerings
- Select Term: Spring Term 2021
- Select College: Quinebaug Valley CC
- Select (O)pen or (C)Closed: Click Open
- Select Course Level: Check Credit
- Click Get Courses and look for any course title starting with “LS:”
Students interested in enrolling in any late start courses should be aware that while the number of class meetings is fewer than the regular semester, each course still contains the same number of class hours as the regular semester, therefore the level of study is more intensive.