March is Advising Month
Advising can make all the difference in your success as a student. Figuring out what is next in your academic plan may be difficult. March is the perfect time to set up a meeting with your advisor and also to log into Degree Works , our web-based planning tool to help students and advisors monitor student’s progress toward degree completion.
Advising month happens twice during the academic year and March is the time to meet again with your advisor to ensure you are staying on-track for graduation and transferring. The Student Success Center is staffed with academic advisors who can assist all students with their questions, changing majors, registering for classes and for transfer information.
Ways an Advisor Can Help You
- Work with you to develop short- and long-term goals and make a detailed plan for how to realistically achieve your goals
- Link what you’re learning in class to your interests and potential careers
- Identify when you’re struggling academically and develop strategies and identify resources that will enable you to stay on track to graduation
- Broaden your view of what’s possible; your advisor can present different options and alternative pathways as challenges arise
- Introduce you to self-care resources, like free counseling services
- Connect you with tutoring in the Learning Center, study abroad trips, financial aid, leadership, internship and career opportunities
- Assist with time management and scheduling, so you can balance your responsibilities
Catch up or get ahead this summer! The summer schedule is live now and courses will be available for registration as of Monday, March 18.
View the most up-to-date schedule >>>
Register Online or Get Assistance In-Person
Monday: 8:30 -4:30 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 8:30 -4:00 p.m.
Windham Technical High School:
Monday – Thursday, 3:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Recently Accepted to QVCC?
Congratulations! As a new QVCC student, complete the Accepted Student Checklist and meet with an academic advisor in Danielson or Willimantic to discuss majors, course selection and any other questions you have about our college.
New student orientation will take place in August. Whether you are taking classes at Windham Technical High School, in Danielson or both locations, new student orientation is a great event to learn about our College, meet other students and hear about on-campus clubs, activities and the Student Government Association.
In-state tuition for residents of Massachusetts and Rhode Island!
QVCC offers in-state tuition to our neighbors to the north and east. Easy access to the main campus in Danielson from Route 395 or Routes 6 or 101.
Whether you are looking for a part-time schedule, want to transfer credits from another college or even if you haven’t been to college in many years, if you are from Central Massachusetts or Rhode Island, we are the most affordable choice you can make.
Learn more about a short drive for a great value
Not ready to commit to a degree program?
QVCC offers 15 credit certificates in the areas of accounting, business, computer science, health information management technician, administrative medical office skills or phlebotomy.
We offer short-term certificates in business, allied health and technology.
Start a career in advanced manufacturing in just two semesters! Choose from Advanced Manufacturing Technology Certificate or Mechatronics Certificate. 95% of graduates get placed in a job within the industry!
Short-term Job Focused Training
Additional classes are available in allied health, computer skills and more!