Saturday, April 27, 9 – 1 pm
A Career that is in Demand – 25,000 jobs in CT over the next 10 years
QVCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center is hosting an interactive open house at the Danielson campus, Saturday April 27, 2019, 9 – 1 p.m. The community and prospective students are invited to learn more about our certificate programs, which result in jobs, and one student will win a $500 scholarship.
The open house will feature presentations, tours, hands-on workshops and a live broadcast from WINY radio, Putnam, CT. Beginning seven years ago with a certificate in Advanced Manufacturing Machining Technology, the program has grown to include a certificate in Mechatronics Automation Technician and courses in Metrology. With strong support from local business partners in Eastern Connecticut, Central Massachusetts and Rhode Island, our graduates are employed with a 95% job placement rate.
- Presentation on a career in manufacturing
- Conversations with current students, alumni and local business owners
- Interactive workshops:
- What is Mechatronics all about? ROBOTICS!
- Is Metrology about the weather? No! That is meteorology!
- Test-drive a CNC machine!
- Program a traffic light with our PLC (programmable logic control)
- Tours and on-the-spot College application assistance
One student will win a $500 scholarship for the fall semester. Prospective students must apply to the College on or before April 27 and attend open house. Contact Steve LaPointe for additional information, 860.932.4111