Explore the essentials of Human Resources responsibilities.
This two-day workshop serves as both a strong introduction for those new to HR and a solid review of key issues and best practices for current HR professionals. New supervisors and managers who need to gain a foundational understanding of HR principles will also benefit from this program.
- State and federal laws that frame the employee-employer relationship
- Employment issues and how to address them
- Writing employee handbooks
- Effective interviewing techniques
- Legal information about hiring and firing
- Keeping records and documenting employee behavior
- Sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and workplace bullying
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Working with a company’s training and development effort
Andrew MorrisonDirector of Business & Industry Services email@example.com 860.932.4360
Director of Business & Industry Services