This three-day Internal Quality Auditing workshop prepares employees to perform internal audits for an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management and Quality Assurance System.
- Learn accepted guidelines for conducting internal audits
- Discuss the auditor’s role
- Review the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard
- Practice preparing for an ISO audit using a case study
- Use a model internal audit procedure and accompanying forms
- Prepare for an on-site audit
- Perform an internal quality audit
Do your entry-level employees need a basic understanding of lean manufacturing?
This six-hour workshop is a quick and cost-effective way to bring your people up to speed on essential concepts of lean manufacturing.
Workshop participants will learn the basic definitions and applications of lean manufacturing principles, including:
Learning To See
- The Value Proposition & Voice of the Customer
- Managing by Data, KPI’s
- Process Effectiveness (Quality) and Efficiency (Productivity)
- 8 Wastes
- Takt Time
- Value Stream Mapping
- 5S (Workplace Organization
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Standard Work
- Push, Pull, Flow, Kanban
- Cell Design
- Changeover/Setup Reduction
- Mistake Proofing
- Continuous improvement
This 14-hour course introduces the student to basic quality principles, problem solving and process improvement methodologies, and the basic quality tools used in manufacturing.
Short lectures are combined with small group exercises, to develop a working knowledge of the concepts used by any organization to perform effective root cause analysis and create lasting process and product improvements in the workplace.
- Introduction to quality and value, problem solving methodologies (PDSA, DMAIC, 10-step, 8D, etc.)
- Variation, limits of inspection, red bead experiment, funnel experiment, Taguchi, central tendency, dispersion
- Problem definition, metrics, run charts – create problem statements from customer communications, research organization’s metrics, create run charts.
- Quality tools – check sheets, pareto charts, SIPOC, process mapping, scatter charts, 5-why’s, cause & effect diagram, brainstorming/affinity Force field diagram, SMART goals, human error reduction, SPC/control charts, CI
Fall 2019 Schedule
October 10 – 31
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Andrew Morrison Director of Business & Industry Services firstname.lastname@example.org 860.932.4360
Director of Business & Industry Services