Adult Learner: Mental Skills
Bloom’s Taxonomy is not just for elementary school teachers. The three domains of the taxonomy apply to adult education as well. In this manual, we will pay attention to the cognitive domain. This is the domain of knowledge and intellect, and it is the main focus of most educators.
With our “Adult Learner: Bloom’s Taxonomy – Cognitive Domain” workshop, your participants will discover the specifics of how the cognitive domain increases intellectual capability.
· Understand Bloom’s Taxonomy
· Explain the cognitive domain
· Explore the two cognitive domains
· Explain types of knowledge
· Identify training in the cognitive domain
Adult Learner: Physical Skills
Bloom’s Taxonomy is not just for elementary school teachers. The three domains of the taxonomy apply to adult education as well. In this manual, we will pay attention to the psychomotor domain. This is the domain of action and physicality. It is important to remember that psychomotor works together with the other domains when implementing it.
With our Adult Learning – Physcal Skills workshop, your participants will discover how to better navigate their physical environment. The understanding and coordination of physical skills provides an incredible benefit to everyone.
· Understand Bloom’s Taxonomy
· Explain the psychomotor domain
· Explore the different psychomotor taxonomies
· Explain ways to implement training in the psychomotor domain
· Identify psychomotor activities
Anger Management Skills
Benjamin Franklin once said, ‘In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.’ We would add a third item to his list: anger. Controlling and limiting anger is important in every aspect of one’s life. Without control you are putting limits on what you can accomplish in your personal and professional life.
Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively. The Anger Management workshop will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when they get angry.
· Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory.
· Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
· Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
· Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
· Know tips in identifying the problem.
· Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
· Negotiation and solution-building.
· Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
· Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
Attention Management Skills
A distracted employee is a less effective employee. Employees who do not pay attention to their work can waste valuable time and make careless mistakes. Your participants will be more efficient at their job, make fewer mistakes, and overall be more productive.
Attention Management is a useful skill that allows managers to connect with their employees on an emotional level and motivate them to focus on their work and how to reach their personal and company goals. Your participants will gain valuable insight and strategies into what it takes to be more attentive and vigilant.
· Define and understand attention management.
· Identify different types of attention.
· Create strategies for goals and SMART goals.
· Be familiar with methods that focus attention.
· Put an end to procrastination.
· Learn how to prioritize time.
· Increased productivity
· Increased job satisfaction
How to Become a More Likable Boss
Becoming a more likable boss can sometimes be a difficult process to describe. It can be one characteristic that facilitates great communication and great employee relationships. It can be the special way that you show confidence in among your team. These and other events can become more easily managed with this great workshop.
With our How to Become a More Likable Boss workshop, your participants will begin to see how important it is to develop better managerial skills. By managing and looking at the way people interact and seeing things in a new light, your participants will improve on almost every aspect of their career.
· Understand how to develop leadership qualities
· Know how to delegate effectively
· Choose inspirational and engaging tasks for yourself and others
· Use wisdom and understanding to lead others
· Identify the roles of your team
· Learn how to trust others and earn their trust.
Critical Thinking Skills
We live in a knowledge based society, and the more critical you think the better your knowledge will be. Critical Thinking provides you with the skills to analyze and evaluate information so that you are able to obtain the greatest amount of knowledge from it. It provides the best chance of making the correct decision, and minimizes damages if a mistake does occur.
Critical Thinking will lead to being a more rational and disciplined thinker. It will reduce your prejudice and bias which will provide you a better understanding of your environment. This workshop will provide you the skills to evaluate, identify, and distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information. It will lead you to be more productive in your career, and provide a great skill in your everyday life.
· Understand the components of critical thinking
· Utilize non-linear thinking
· Use logical thinking
· Recognize what it means to be a critical thinker
· Evaluate information using critical thinking skills
· Identify the benefits of critical thinking
· Revise perspective, when necessary
· Comprehend problem solving abilities
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since at least the 1900’s, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
As a result of the growing acknowledgement by professionals of the importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, the research on the topic continued to gain momentum, but it wasn’t until the publication of Daniel Goleman’s best seller Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ that the term became widely accepted by mainstream media.
· Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
· Understand, use and manage your emotions.
· Verbally communicate with others.
· Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
· Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
· Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
· Balance optimism and pessimism.
· Effectively impact others.
Goal Setting and Getting Things
Goal Setting is one of the most basic and essential skills someone can develop. What makes a good goal? We touch on goal characteristics, time management, making a to do list, and what to do when setbacks occur. This workshop will provide the knowledge and skills for your participants to complete more tasks and get things done.
Our Goal Setting and Getting Things Done workshop will cover strategies to help your participants overcome procrastination. These skills will translate into increased satisfaction in their professional and personal lives. Your participants will learn the Goal Setting characteristics of successful people and in turn will become happier and more productive individuals.
· Overcome procrastination
· Manage time effectively
· Accomplish important tasks
· Create SMART goals
Mindfulness is a term that is frequently used but rarely defined. Practicing true mindfulness encourages living in the present while it addresses the danger of distorted thinking, Staying in tune both mentally and emotionally improves perspective to enhance personal a professional success.
With our Improving Mindfulness workshop, your participants will begin to identify their own patterns of thinking. As they learn to practice mindfulness, they will cultivate positive emotions that will have a dramatic effect on the work environment.
· Define mindfulness
· Develop techniques to make oneself more attuned to the present moment
· Understand the value and utility of one’s emotions
· Learn how to identify and counter distorted thinking
· Learn how to cultivate genuine positive emotions
· Become more fully present in social interactions
Increasing Self Awareness
Self awareness is an important part of everyday life. It transfers over to your personal, social, physical and work life. It can help one gain a better understanding of themselves, and how to live a better, more fulfilling life. When working to deepen one’s own self awareness, it is important to fully engage yourself. One should take the time and proper steps, to fully become self aware.
With the Deepening Self Awareness workshop, your participants will learn how beneficial becoming more self aware can be. A highly self aware person will become more equipped to deal with daily life and its challenges. Through this workshop, your participants will gain a new perspective on themselves and their emotions, and become a valuable member to society.
· Define the self and different aspects of the self
· Learn from introspection
· Understand the nature and value of emotions
· Appreciate themselves
· Appreciate others
· Improve effectiveness
Increasing Your Happiness With Positive Thinking
Increasing ones happiness can be done through the power of positive thinking. That is one skill that this work shop will touch on to teach your participants how to be happier. Happiness will spread throughout your organization, and have a positive effect on everyone.
With our Increasing Your Happiness workshop your participants will engage in unique and helpful ways to increase their happiness. This will have a robust effect on their professional and personal lives. It will improve their communication skills, increase productivity, and lesson absenteeism.
· Discuss how planning ahead cultivates workplace happiness
· Create a nightly routine and daily plan
· Relate more effectively to others in the workplace
· Understand how the workspace environment impacts happiness
· Think more positively
· Take actions that will create greater workplace happiness
Job Search Skills
Searching for a job can be intimidating. How do you know what job you’re best suited for? How do you build a winning resume and cover letter? Where can you find job leads? How do you network without feeling nervous? What happens when you land an interview? And most importantly, where do you find help when you need it?
The Job Search Skills workshop will give you the answers to all these questions, plus a plan to get you to a new job within a month. After completing this program, you’ll be more than ready to start your search for your perfect job. Identifying the purpose for working and the assessment of skills can help determine the types of jobs your participants should apply for.
· Define your objectives and purpose in your search for employment.
· Help you establish SMART goals in the job-hunting process.
· Assist you in developing a first month plan of action for your job search.
· Craft an effective resume.
· Form an attractive cover letter.
· Develop and present a portfolio of your prior work.
· Learn networking skills in finding leads for jobs.
· Efficiently get interviews and thrive in the interview process.
Life Coaching Essentials
Many people often mistake a life coach for a mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist or a therapist. This misconception often leads people to believe they do not need a life coach since they feel as though nothing is wrong with their mental health. However, a life coach is designed to help improve a person’s professional and personal life by working with them to achieve their goals.
With our Life Coaching Essentials workshop, your participants will discover the meaning of life coaching and how life coaching services can be utilized to achieve their goals.
· Determine the purpose of life coaching
· Define benefits of life coaching
· Know the tools and techniques for life coaching
· Outline a life coaching session
· Know the different areas of life coaching
Managing Personal Finances
There are millions of American citizens struggling with debt. A lot of debt can be alleviated if you have the right tools. This workshop will provide you with the tools you need to reduce or eliminate debt, and give you the financial stability you need. The guide teaches you the benefits of having a budget and how to build a budget that fits your needs, and lifestyle. You will discover how you can cut costs, pay off debts, and live within your budget.
· Discover how to establish financial goals
· Evaluate where financial cuts can be made
· Learn the basics about expenses
· Determine what tools you need to stick with your budget.
Managing Workplace Anxiety
The workplace is one of the leading locations where people experience stress and anxiety. Every employee will encounter it sometime during their career. Everyone should be aware of the signs of anxiety and the tools needed to cope and deal with it.
Our Managing Workplace Anxiety workshop will provide your participants the important skills and resources to recognize and manage workplace anxiety. By identifying these symptoms and coping skills employees and managers will be better suited in dealing with these common situations. Through this workshop your participants will be better suited to the challenges that the workplace can bring.
· Explore different types of workplace anxieties
· Learn to recognize symptoms and warning signs
· Determine ways of coping and managing problems
· Recognize common trigger and accelerants
· Learn the difference between anxiety and common nervousness
Most people find that they wish they had more time in a day. This workshop will show participants how to organize their lives and find those hidden moments. Participants will learn how to establish routines, set goals, create an efficient environment, and use time-honored planning and organizational tools to maximize their personal productivity.
Personal Productivity is a goal most of us have. Through this workshop your participants will be on the right track in achieving that goal. Some people blame everything that goes wrong in their life on something or someone else, but through this workshop your participants will take ownership and begin to lead a more productive life.
· Set and evaluate SMART goals
· Use routines to maximize their productivity
· Use scheduling tools to make the most of their time
· Stay on top of their to-do list
· Start new tasks and projects on the right foot
· Use basic project management techniques
· Organize their physical and virtual workspaces for maximum efficiency
· Take back time from e-mail and handheld devices
· Beat procrastination
Forget small spaces, darkness, and spiders, standing up in front of a crowd and talking is far more terrifying for most people. Through this workshop your participants will become more confident and relaxed in front of an audience which will translate into a successful speaking event.
However, mastering this fear and getting comfortable speaking in public can be a great ego booster, not to mention a huge benefit to your career. The Public Speaking workshop will give participants some basic public speaking skills, including in-depth information on developing an engaging program and delivering their presentation with power.
· Identify their audience
· Create a basic outline
· Organize their ideas
· Flesh out their presentation
· Find the right words
· Prepare all the details
· Overcome nervousness
· Deliver a polished, professional speech
· Handle questions and comments effectively
Social Intelligence is about understanding your environment and having a positive influence. Your participants will become more confident in their social situations by learning how to express and interrupt social cues. They will create positive connections and increase their influence during social situations.
Increasing Social Intelligence will provide benefits throughout their professional and personal lives. It is a fantastic tool for coaching and development as people will learn “people skills”. Improving social skills through active listening, understanding body language, and being more empathic will give your participants the advantage in their interactions. Social interactions are a two way street, know the rules of the road!
· Be aware of our own behaviors
· Learn to be empathetic with others
· Know tools for active listening
· Effectively communicate interpersonally
· Recognize various social cues
· Determine appropriate conversation topics
· Know various forms of body language
Social Learning is an effective way to train your employees through modeling positive behaviors. It is a great way to promote cohesion and involvement as it builds a culture of learning. Your participants will learn the best way to conduct role plays, share best practices, and provide constant and immediate feedback.
With our Social Learning course your participants will be creating learning communities that benefit every aspect of your organization. They will learn new behaviors through observation and modeling and be instilled with a passion for learning.
· Define and use social learning.
· Identify social learning tools.
· Manipulate group dynamics and culture.
· Craft and lead role play scenarios.
· Practice being a role model.
· Understand modeling and observation.
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Your participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
The Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
· Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
· Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
· Use routines to reduce stress
· Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
· Better cope with major events
· Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
Taking the initiative is a crucial step in moving forward in our professional and personal lives. By showing initiative, it reflects us in a positive light to others as well as builds our own self-esteem. If we want something to happen, we need to make it happen. That is what initiative is all about. Take opportunities and run with them. Do not let excuses cause you to miss out on amazing opportunities. See what you want, believe what you want, and make it happen.
With our “Taking Initiative” workshop, the class participants will learn what initiative is, how to take it on, the advantages of it, and when to know one’s place. By enrolling in this class, participants will be taking the first step in making something positive happen for them! Now that is initiative!
· Identify what initiative looks like
· Recognize when you can take steps outside the normal
· Build confidence for themselves
· Learn to find opportunities
· Learn good and bad aspects of initiative
· Balance initiative and restraint
Having a balance between work and home life can be a challenge. With this challenge come great rewards when it is done successfully. By balancing a career with home life it will provide benefits in each environment. You will become healthier, mentally and physically, and you will be able to produce more career wise.
With a Work-Life Balance you will be managing your time better. Better time management will benefit all aspects of life; you will be working less and producing more. This workshop will show how to focus on the important things, set accurate and achievable goals, and communicate better with your peers at work and your family at home.
· Explain the benefits of work life balance.
· Recognize the signs of an unbalanced life.
· Identify employer resources for a balanced lifestyle.
· Improve time management and goal setting.
· Use the most effective work methods for you.
· Create balance at work and at home.
· Manage stress.
Director of Business & Industry Services