QVCC’s Leadership At All Levels program is a proven method of increasing employees’ value to their colleagues, teams, and organization. This 16-week series consists of four modules dedicated to exploring essential leadership skills.
Module 1: Personal Leadership
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Leadership Roles & Competencies
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personal Power & Influence
Module 2: Interpersonal Leadership
- Leadership Communication
- Leading the Generational Mix
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
Module 3: Team Leadership
- Building Strong Teams
- Motivation & Empowerment
- Leading Meetings & Self-Directed Work
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
Module 4: Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Culture & Climate
- Planning, Vision & Goal Setting
- The Leader as Teacher
- Innovation & Change
Time: 12 hours per module
Instructor: Rockie Blunt, Ed.D.
Cost: $525 per student per module
Students may sign up for individual modules or all four. Those who complete the entire program will emerge with a QVCC Certificate in Leadership.
Inspired by students in our Leadership @ All Levels program
Communicating @ All Levels is designed to help your business tackle the universal challenge of effective workplace communication. This program takes an in-depth look at the many dimensions of communication in the contemporary organization, with special emphasis on tools for making communication understandable, focused, persuasive, and timely.
Module 1 (Sessions 1 and 2): Personal Communication – October 16, 23
- Exploring the nature of effective written, spoken and electronic communication in relation to students’ specific job responsibilities
- Formulating strategies for future development (using students’ current skills as a baseline)
Module 2 (Sessions 3 and 4): Interpersonal Communication – October 30, November 6
- Communicating with different personalities
- Active listening skills and sharing information
- Having difficult conversations
Module 3 (Sessions 5 and 6): Departmental Communication – November 13, 20
- Communicating effectively within a department or team
- Communicating effectively between departments and teams
Module 4 (Sessions 7 and 8): Organizational Communication – December 4, 11
- Organizational culture, values, goals, and communication practices
- Sending messages upward and downward
- Communication patterns, networks, and information “gaps”
- Time: 6 hours per module
- Instructor: Rockie Blunt, Ed.D.
- Cost: $250 per student per module
Students may sign up for individual modules or all four. Those who complete the entire program will emerge with a QVCC Certificate in Workplace Communication and a personalized communication plan to bring their newly developed skills back to their workplaces.
Andrew Morrison Director of Business & Industry Services email@example.com 860.932.4360
Director of Business & Industry Services