Start Your New Career in Less than a Year!
Have you always wondered how things worked? And how to make them work better? Are you considering a degree in Engineering? Maybe you want to change your career path or start your own business. Then you’re ready for a CAREER in Advanced Manufacturing!
Advanced Manufacturing is a world of innovation utilizing new technologies, software, automation and cutting edge materials. After completing one of our two semester certificates you will have the skills needed to meet the demand of business and industry right here in our local community.
ADVANCED MANUFACTURING MACHINE TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATE
The Machine Technology Certificate will prepare you to gain entry-level employment in many areas of the manufacturing field, especially CNC Machinist. Completion of the two-semester, 34-credit program will enable you to:
- Read and create blueprints while gaining understanding of parametric design through Solidworks
- Be skilled in using computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software to control, manipulate and manage precision tool production.
- Understand basic metrology and precision measurement.
- Receive paid internship opportunities of up to $14/hour and job placement support.
- Earn up to 4 National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials in: Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout; Measurement, Materials & Safety; CNC Milling Operator; and CNC Lathe Operator.
- Have the opportunity to transfer 30 credits towards an A.S. in Technology Studies
Contact us for more information on how to get started on your new career!
MECHATRONICS AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE
Click here for full course list
What is Mechatronics?
The word mechatronics describes a field that combines mechanics and electronics. The technology is used to create automated processes that operate with minimal human intervention, freeing workers from routine tasks.
What is an automation technician?
- Automation technicians will usually assist the design, development and engineering staff, as well as work closely with others to install, maintain, modify and repair mechatronic systems, equipment and component parts.
- Graduates from the Mechatronics Automation Technician Certificate have the opportunity to transfer 30 credits to an A.S. in Technology Studies.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the median salary for experienced electro-mechanical technicians is $53,340 per year or $25.65 per hour.
Contact us for more information how to get started!