Health Information Management Technician: Coding Specialist Course of Study
- MED 125 Medical Terminology, 3 credits
- BIO 123, Biology of Human Disease, 3 credits
- ENG 101 Composition, 3 credits
- HIM 102 Intro to Health Care Systems, 3 credits
- HIM 210 Coding I*, 3 credits
- HIM 211 Advanced Coding*, 3 credits
- MED 112 Medical Insurance and Billing, 3 credits
- MED 216 Electronic Medical Records, 3 credits
- HIM 201**, 3 credits
*typically only offered in spring semester
**typically only offered in fall semester
Additional Program Information
- Please note, this is a suggested plan of study for a full-time student. Part-time students may have their schedule adjusted accordingly. Students must meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for courses.
- Some courses are offered online while some may be offered as a hybrid course (meet on campus once a week and the rest of the work is done online)
- Certificate transfers into both the Medical Assisting and Health Care Management Degrees.
- Students may need additional courses in remedial math and/or English.