An investment from the State that pays off for you!
Graduate DEBT-FREE from QVCC
For the fall 2020 semester, it is possible for all Connecticut residents, who qualify, to achieve a degree or certificate regardless of their ability to pay, and without taking on debt. PACT will support full-time students who are entering in the Fall 2020 semester and meet the qualifications of the program.
QVCC is committed to No Federal Loans
Because of the rising cost of a college education, QVCC prides our self on the past nine graduating classes leaving the College with ZERO Federal student loan debt.
There are many types of students and not all qualify for PACT. If you do not meet the qualifications for PACT, QVCC is committed to providing a NO FEDERAL LOAN policy for our students. Assistance comes in the form of Federal and State grants, scholarships and assistance from the QVCC Foundation. The Foundation scholarship application period begins on February 1.
The PACT program covers 3 years of tuition and fees
Maximum credits can be earned PACT
Deadline to be enrolled for classes for fall
Deadline to be enrolled for spring classes
Number of credits required for full time status
In order to have your tuition and fees covered by the State of Connecticut PACT program you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the State of Connecticut
- Be a graduate of ANY Connecticut High School, GED Program or Home School Program
- Must be attending College for the first time (transfer students and re-admissions do not qualify)
- Enroll as a full-time student and REMAIN a full-time student. Full time = 12 credits or more
- You must enroll in a credit degree or certificate program
- Apply and complete the Federal Financial Aid Process. PACT is NOT need based!
- Completion of the FAFSA is required for each academic year
- You must remain in satisfactory academic progress to keep PACT funding
- Developmental education courses qualify towards PACT full-time status
At this time, PACT does not cover the following:
- You are currently enrolled at a Connecticut Community College
- Attendance at any institution of higher education as a credit student in the past
- Enrollment for fall 2020 will be as a part-time student (taking fewer than 12 credits)
- Summer session does not count towards full-time status
- You have previously earned a College degree
You must enroll as a full-time student (12+) in the fall 2020 semester and remain as a full-time student in consecutive semesters.
If you have earned college credit in high school through Running Start, High School Partnership, CCP or other dual enrollment programs, you still qualify for PACT. PACT is NOT need based but requires all students to apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year that you are attending QVCC.
You must meet satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for Federal Financial Aid
If you are disclosing a disability through QVCC Disability Services, you can qualify for PACT.
You must work with the QVCC Disability coordinator and with your academic advisor to determine the maximum number of credit hours feasible. Priority registration deadlines, November 15 for Spring and July 15 for Fall, must be adhered to.
Veterans can receive PACT funding and must adhere to the enrollment deadlines and student status information included in Who Qualifies?
The following extenuating circumstances may be considered:
- Documented military deployment (must re-enroll within four years of discharge)