Motorcycle Safety Training
Welcome to the Connecticut Motorcycle Rider Education Program at QVCC. Motorcycling is one of the most exciting forms of transportation. Part of the thrill of motorcycling is to know that you are totally responsible for every action taken, from timing each shift to keeping a keen eye out for other motorists.
To understand these responsibilities and get the most from your experiences, the Connecticut Basic Rider Course (BRC) is the place to start. This course offers expert instruction for both the beginner and experienced rider. Successful completion of this course fulfills the requirements of the State-approved novice rider course for licensing, leaving only the written test to be taken at the CT Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
The Basic Rider Course provides you with the mandatory eCourse, an online e-learning course, classroom instruction, and on-cycle activities (Time Code A and B). E-learning (complete classroom portion online) and on-cycle activities option is also available (Time Code C). Motorcycles will be provided. Course confirmations and e-course links are sent by email. Fee: $220 non-refundable
If you’re choosing Time Code A or B, the mandatory eCourse must be completed before the first classroom session. Student must have internet access via a computer or mobile device to complete the course online. Students registering for Time Code C courses will need to show proof of completing 5-hour e-course at the first day of range practice.
- Students will be provided with a coupon code and eCourse instructions in an email confirming class registration.
- Please be sure to provide a current, valid email address on your registration form.
- The mandatory eCourse takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and includes topics on selecting proper riding gear, defensive riding strategies, and how to handle a variety of riding strategies.
- Proof of eCourse completion must be presented to the instructor at the first class (Time Code A/B).
- BRC students cannot earn their Motorcycle endorsement without completing the eCourse.
- The on-ground classroom sessions will reinforce the topics learned in the eCourse, and will help students complete their own Rider Self-Assessment.
Persons enrolling in a BRC:
- Must possess either a current, valid motor vehicle operator’s license or a Connecticut DMV issued motor vehicle operator learner’s permit.
- Have the physical ability to operate a motorcycle.
- Able to balance a two-wheeled vehicle.
- Required to have written parental permission if under the age of eighteen (18).
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must complete mandatory eCourse prior to attending class or range.
- Please review Motorcycle-FAQs.
Please review the attached schedules for our Basic Rider classes in Norwich and Colchester – you’ll want to pay close attention to the Time Code for the course you are interested in, as that will tell you the breakdown of class time and range time.
|Norwich||September 8, 10, 11||3276||A|
|Norwich||September 17, 18||3277||C|
|Norwich||September 24, 25||3278||C|
|Norwich||October 1, 2`||3279||C|
|Norwich||October 8, 9||3280||C|
|Norwich||October 15, 16||3281||C|
|Norwich||October 22, 23||3282||C|
|Norwich||October 29, 30||3283||C|
|Norwich||November 5, 6||3284||C|
Time Code A:
- 3-hour mandatory eCourse
- Thursday Class, 6:00-9:00 PM
- Saturday Range/Class, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Sunday Range, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Time Code B:
- 3-hour mandatory eCourse
- Saturday Class/Range, 8:00-11:00AM & 12-5:30PM
- Sunday Class/Range, 8:00-11:00AM & 12:00-5:30PM
Time Code C:
- 5 Hour e-Course (online, no classroom)
- Saturday Range 8:00AM – 2:30PM
- Sunday Range 8:00AM – 2:30PM
For information about how to register online, click here.
Use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover to register.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm; Open until 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
742 Upper Maple Street, Student Affairs Suite, Room C151, Danielson, CT 06239
A 100% refund will be granted up until five (5) business days before the start of your class as long as the request is made during normal business hours.