Massachusetts Residents

The Massachusetts Rider Education Program does recognize other Rider Education Programs as long as they use the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider course curriculum. Massachusetts’ residents who take and pass an MSF certified motorcycle safety course in a different state are eligible to receive their Massachusetts motorcycle license or endorsement as long as they submit the following paperwork within 180 days of the training.

1. Application to accept an Out of State motorcycle Rider Education Program Certificate (Completed). Here is a link directly to the form:

2. Copy of your Massachusetts Motorcycle Learners Permit

3. Copy of your Motorcycle Safety Foundation Completion Card

4. Copy of your Rider Course Skills Evaluation and Knowledge Test on the schools letterhead.

5. Payment of the $15.00 endorsement fee.

Payment can be made by:

a. Check or money order if by mail.
b. Paid or pre-paid at a Registry of Motor Vehicle Branch
c. By credit card on telephone.

For a letter with you Rider Course Skills Evaluation and Knowledge Test Scores, please call or write:

Continuing Education
Quinebaug Valley Community College
742 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239
Phone: 860.932.4005
Fax: 860.932.4305

Paperwork can then be mailed to:

Registry of Motor Vehicles
Massachusetts Rider Education Program
Attn: Gene Carabine, Program Coordinator
165 Liberty StreetSpringfield, MA 01103
Phone: 413.781.0633
Fax: 413.736.9873