Be the Commencement Speaker at this year’s graduation ceremony
Every spring, a committee composed of faculty and staff selects a graduating student to serve as the commencement speaker. Students who are graduating during the summer, fall or spring term and plan to attend the commencement ceremony in May are encouraged to apply.
- Complete the 2023 Commencement Speaker Application.
- Work with a mentor from the faculty or staff to help you prepare your speech.
- 2023 Giving a Speech The Basics
- Auditions in front of the Graduation Speaker Committee are held during the month of April.
- Selection of the speaker is made by the committee. Sometimes there are opportunities for students who are not selected to speak at graduation, to speak at other college engagements.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, April 28th, 2023.