Everything you need to know as you start at QVCC
Congratulations on your decision to attend QVCC!
An education at QVCC means more than coursework. We offer a full range of services for first-year students, from career services to academic advisement. Looking for the bookstore, student portal, or an ID card? You’re in the right place.
It is time to register for spring 2018 courses. Schedule to meet with your advisor.
- Add: If you want to add a course for the spring term, the last day is January 24.
- Drop: there are various dates during the term that you can drop a course and not have it impact your academic standing.
- Withdrawing from classes could impact your financial aid. Before you withdraw from classes, contact the financial aid office.
It is your responsibility to become familiar with the college catalog, including the rules, regulations, and requirements presented herein. Students are eligible for an associate’s degree who meet all requirements as stated either in 1) the catalog at the time of their acceptance or re-admission to the college into a degree program (to the extent possible within the current roster of course offerings), or 2) the catalog in effect at the time of their graduation.
Get emergency and weather closure information sent directly to you. Make sure to enrollment in the Emergency Text System through myCommNet. It is the fastest way to receive this type of information.
Developing good relationships with your professors is important to starting your college career on the right foot. It is your responsibility to reach out if you are unable to attend class for any reason. You should be able to reach any faculty or staff via Email, by phone or stop by their office.
QVCC provides many types of services for students and most are located at the Student Success Center in Danielson.
- Academic Advising – An academic advisor is one of the most important relationships you can form as a college student.
- Disability Services – If you wish to disclose a disability, do so as early as possible in the semester.
- Transfer from QVCC – Although you are just starting, it is never too soon to think about your next step.
- Veteran’s Services
Be sure to review the policies; know what radio and t.v. stations show our closings and learn about other resources so you are aware if we are open or closed.