Dementia Care Certificate
What is Dementia?
Dementia refers to a group of symptoms that together affect the memory, normal thinking, communication, and reasoning ability of a person. These symptoms make it difficult to perform even daily simple tasks such as bathing and eating. Alzheimer’s disease is the main cause of the majority of cases of dementia. Dementia can’t be cured but there are medications to manage the symptoms.
This course will focus on methods practiced across the senior care industry. Training provided by Taylor Lajeunesse, CDP, CMDCP will cover a wide variety of techniques taught by professionals like Teepa Snow, Dr. Cameron Camp, and LiveWell (formerly known as the Alzheimer’s Resource Center). Education provided in this course will cover how to recognize when someone has a cognitive impairment, how to approach individuals living with cognitive impairment, and strategies to encourage and promote continued independence in the community.
Spring 2022 Schedule Information
- Instructor: Taylor Lajeunesse, CDP, CMDCP
- Instructional Method: LRON (Live Remote) – These classes are similar to traditional classes except they are fully online. You attend LRON classes at the scheduled times with your professor and classmates in a Zoom-like session. For more information about Instructional Methods, visit here. Students will be given a link prior to the class start.
- Date: Monday and Tuesday, 3/7/22-3/8/22
- Time: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Cost: $100
- Registration deadline: 2/28/222
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Danielson Campus, Student Affairs Suite, Room C151
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT 06239
Use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover to register.
A 100% refund will be granted up until five (5) business days before the start of your class as long as the request is made during normal business hours. See above for Office Hours.
If a course is cancelled due to low enrollment, we attempt to notify each person registered by telephone or email. For this reason, it is extremely important that we have both your home and work telephone numbers, as well as your current email address. We also post a notice in the main lobby on the night the class would have started.