Phlebotomy Certificate Course of Study
- MED 125 Medical terminology, 3 credits
- HLT 103 Investigations in Health Care, 3 credits
- HLT 141 techniques of Phlebotomy, 4 credits
- HLT 170 Medical Law & Ethics, 3 credits
- HLT 294 Phlebotomy Practicum, 3 credits
Additional Program Information
- Please note, this is a suggested plan of study for a full-time student. Part-time students may have their schedule adjusted accordingly. Students must meet with their academic advisor each semester prior to registering for classes.
- Some courses are offered online while some may be offered as a hybrid course (meet on campus once a week and the rest of the work is done online)
- Students must earn a B or better in HLT 141 prior to be eligible for HLT 294 Phlebotomy Practicum. Students are required to show proof of physical examination; MMR, varicella and Hepatitis B immunity; Tetanus shot within past 5 years; and a negative TB test prior to being accepted for any internship courses. Internship sites may require students to undergo a criminal background check.
- Certificate transfers into both the Medical Assisting and Medical Laboratory Technician Degrees.
- Students may need additional courses in remedial math and/or English.