Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems from ancient India. The theories are based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, spirit and the senses.
Learn to design a personalized approach to healthier habits, with an improved understanding of your own body type, and the seasonal balance and imbalance of your diet and lifestyle. You will learn strategies for healthy meal planning, seasonal eating, combining the right types of foods and reducing sugar intake.
Impacts of an ayurvedic lifestyle include:
- Increased flexibility and balance
- Healthy skin in all seasons
- Improved sleep patterns and a clear, focused mind
- Improved digestion and metabolism
You will begin to understand the concept of “digestive fire” and how this relates to health and longevity, along with gaining experience with the “6-tastes” in foods that support a healthy metabolism. Hands-on learning will include preparation of ghee, kichidi, kichari, golden milk, chai, and spice mix, in the newly renovated teaching kitchen at Woodstock Academy!
- Dates: Tuesdays | 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | January 17 to February 14
- Location: Woodstock Academy, Bowen Building, Room 131
- Course Fee: $100 for the five session series: *Registration required in advance. A small materials fee will be payable directly to the instructor.
Questions and Registration
Call the Continuing and Professional Education line at 860-932-4005.