Earlier this year, Governor Lamont announced a major expansion of the Care 4 Kids program, which, among other actions, made financial assistance available to help with the cost of child care for students.
Students at any CSCU institution pursuing any kind of credential from a noncredit certificate to a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for these benefits. That includes Quinebaug Valley Community College.
How to take part:
Visit the Care 4 Kids website: (ctcare4kids.com)
- Check to see if you are eligible
- Use the income guidelines table to ﬁnd out if your family income meets Care 4 Kids requirements (eligibility at application has now increased to 60% of State Median Income for a limited time)
Apply for Care 4 Kids
- If you are eligible, a certiﬁcate will be issued to you and your child care provider that speciﬁes the amount Care 4 Kids will pay and any family fees you are responsible for
Find a child care program that works for you
- Families have 30 days to select a child care provider after applying and being found eligible
- These provider types can provide care (child care centers, family child care homes, after school programs, relative child care)
- Visit 211childcare.org for help ﬁnding a provider (211childcare.org)
If you are eligible, Care 4 Kids will pay for child care costs during your work, school, or training time, plus travel time. Families will be responsible to pay their child care provider any costs not covered by Care 4 Kids.
For more information, including FAQs, please visit ctcare4kids.com or call Care 4 Kids at (888) 214-5437.