Helpful hints for the FAFSA
- Make sure all social security numbers, date of births and name spellings are accurate. If they are not, your FAFSA will not be processed.
- Include your parents’ and/or step-parents’ data if required (see above). Without this information, your FAFSA will not be processed.
- If you are able to, make sure you use the IRS data-match functions.
- For 22-23 Aid year that covers Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, list the QVCC—school code 010530—as the school to receive the information. If QVCC is not listed, we will not get your financial aid information.
- Starting with the 23-24 FAFSA, list the CT State School Code 007635 as the school. This will show up as ‘Capital Community College’ until Summer 2023 but it is the new CT State school code.
- Complete the FAFSA fully and then click on the button to “Submit my FAFSA Now.” You will get a confirmation code that your FAFSA has been submitted. Make sure you write the confirmation number down.
- We will receive your FAFSA approximately two weeks after you apply. Make sure that you are in a financial aid eligible program at QVCC. In addition, keep your tax returns in a safe place. If the federal government selects you for verification, you will have to provide a tax return transcript form the IRS
Monitor your financial aid through your myCommNet account