Helpful hints for the FAFSA
- Make sure all social security numbers, date of births and name spellings are accurate. If they are not, your FAFSA will not be processed.
- Include your parents’ and/or step-parents’ data if required (see above). Without this information, your FAFSA will not be processed.
- If you are able to, make sure you use the IRS data-match functions.
- List the QVCC—school code 010530—as the school to receive the information. If QVCC is not listed, we will not get your financial aid information.
- Complete the FAFSA fully and then click on the button to “Submit my FAFSA Now.” You will get a confirmation code that your FAFSA has been submitted. Make sure you write the confirmation number down.
- We will receive your FAFSA approximately two weeks after you apply. Make sure that you are in a financial aid eligible program at QVCC. In addition, keep your tax returns in a safe place. If the federal government selects you for verification, you will have to provide a tax return transcript form the IRS
Monitor your financial aid through your myCommNet account