The application is the first step in the process. Be sure to complete the ENTIRE process or your application will be voided.
Who Can Apply
Most scholarships are available to students who will attend QVCC in the 2018-2019 academic year and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. We recommend that scholarship applicants carefully review individual scholarship criteria
When to Apply
Scholarship applications and all supporting documents are accepted between February 1 and noon on March 9, 2018. It is the scholarship applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the packet is complete and on time. Failure to do so will void the application.
Steps to Complete Application Process:
The scholarship application consists of:
- Application – online only
- Official transcript
- Personal statement – The committee reviews this component very carefully in order to help match recipients with donor’s intent.
- Two current letters of recommendation (one academic and one character)
- All military applicants must provide their DD214.
- All art scholarship applicants must provide a portfolio to be turned in at the Spirol Art Gallery by March 9.
- Application and all supporting documents, including the online application, must be submitted in one packet at the Student Success Center in Danielson or to Norma Marquez in Willimantic.
How Scholarships are Awarded
Scholarship applicants are screened by an impartial committee from the QVCC Foundation. Scholarship awards are presented at the QVCC Foundation Scholarship Night on Wednesday, May 2, at 5 p.m. Recipients are notified in advance of the ceremony and are required to attend to receive their awards.