Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Have you always wondered how things worked? And how to make them work better? Are you considering a degree in Engineering? Maybe you want to change your career path or start your own business. Then you’re ready for a CAREER in Advanced Manufacturing! This isn’t your grandfather’s dark, dingy and dangerous world of machines. Advanced Manufacturing is a world of innovation utilizing new technologies, software, automation and cutting edge materials. It’s important to so many industries such as aerospace, medical, biotechnology, and optics to name just a few. After completing our 9-month certificate program you will have the skills needed to meet the demand of business and industry right here in our local community.
Completing the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Certificate Program will enable you to:
- Read and create blueprints while gaining understanding of parametric design through Solidworks
- Be skilled in using computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software to control, manipulate and manage precision tool production.
- Understand basic metrology and precision measurement.
- Receive paid internship opportunities of up to $14/hour and job placement support.
- Earn up to 4 National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials in: Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout; Measurement, Materials & Safety; CNC Milling Operator; and CNC Lathe Operator.
- Have the opportunity to transfer 24 credits towards an A.S. in Technology Studies