Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6 pm
The Woodstock Academy, 57 Academy Road, Woodstock, CT 06281
- Due to impending rain, the ceremony will be held in The Woodstock Academy Alumni Field House.
- Tickets will be required for guests, who should enter the building at the gymnasium entrance.
- Each graduate walking in the ceremony will receive 4 tickets for guests when they pick up their cap and gown. Due to fire code, no additional tickets will be distributed beyond the number allocated per graduate.
- Graduates should report to the Bates Auditorium, located in the Elizabeth Hyde Art Center, no later than 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Please call 860.932.4020
Follow Rte. 169 north past the Woodstock Fairgrounds. Go past the Town Hall and the Bentley Athletic Complex (both on the right) up the hill. Immediately after the big white church on your right, take a hard right around the Town Commons and pull up in front of the school. Alumni Fieldhouse entrance is in building to your right.
Parking is available in the rear parking lot past the main entrance or on the Commons, off of Academy Road. Handicap parking will be available on Hill Cemetary Road, in the front of the building.
Pre-graduation Reception, May 23, 2017 6 p.m.
You are invited to a pre-graduation reception and celebration on Tuesday, May 23, 2017, at 6 P.M. Due to space limitations, this is limited to graduates only.
The event will be held in the QVCC Danielson cafeteria. The evening will include:
- Distribution of caps and gowns*
- Appetizers, drinks and dessert
- Graduation packet including: admission tickets (4 per graduate; only needed in the event of rain), commemorative invitations, details for graduation day and gift.
- Distribution of honor chords and honor society stoles
- Alumni speaker and welcome from the QVCC Alumni Association
- Mingle with fellow graduates and faculty
*If you can’t attend, pick-up for caps & gowns will be on Wednesday, May 24, at the Student Success Center. Willimantic: You must contact Donna Bayer Carreaux 860.932.4020 by Friday, May 19, 2017 to arrange for delivery. Please provide name and height when reserving your gown.
- Caps & Gowns – Caps and gowns are pre-ordered and free for graduates. Distribution takes place at the pre-graduation celebration. Please note: You will be asked for your height when you pick-up your cap and gown. For graduates who can not attend the pre-graduation celebration, pick-up will take place on Wednesday, May 24, between 8:30 and 6 pm at the Student Success Center in Danielson.
- Willimantic Regalia Pick-up: If you are not attending the event on the 23rd and would like your regalia delivered to the Willimantic Center, please email your name and height to Amy Kacerik. Pick-up will take place on Wednesday, May 24, between 8:30 and 4:30 pm at the Willimantic Front Desk.
- Diplomas – You will receive a diploma cover the evening of graduation. Diplomas will be mailed mid-July.
- Danielson Ceremony – Graduates should check in no later than 5 pm. The procession begins promptly at 6 p.m., and time is needed to ensure graduates are lined up correctly, name pronunciation is correct, and any outstanding issue regarding honors or honors chords is answered.
- Inclement Weather – Tickets will be required for guests, who should enter the building at the gymnasium entrance. Each graduate will receive 4 tickets for guests when they pick up their cap and gown. Graduates should report to the Bates Auditorium no later than 4:30 p.m.