The ceremony will be held at the QVCC Danielson Campus. In the event of rain, the ceremony will take place at The Woodstock Academy Alumni Field House, 57 Academy Rd, Woodstock, CT.
Pre-graduation Reception, May 22, 2018 6 p.m.
You are invited to a pre-graduation reception and celebration. Due to space limitations, this is limited to graduates only.
The event will be held in the QVCC Danielson cafeteria. The evening will include:
- Distribution of caps and gowns*
- Appetizers, drinks and dessert
- Graduation packet including: admission tickets (FIVE per graduate; only needed in the event of rain), commemorative invitations, details for graduation day and gift.
- Distribution of honor chords and honor society stoles
- Alumni speaker and welcome from the QVCC Alumni Association
- Mingle with fellow graduates and faculty
*If you can’t attend, pick-up for caps & gowns will be on Wednesday, May 23, at the Student Success Center. Willimantic: You must contact Donna Bayer Carreaux 860.932.4020 by Friday, May 18, 2017 to arrange for delivery. Please provide name and height when reserving your gown.
- Caps & Gowns – Caps and gowns are pre-ordered and free for graduates. Distribution takes place at the pre-graduation celebration. Please note: You will be asked for your height when you pick-up your cap and gown. For graduates who can not attend the pre-graduation celebration, pick-up will take place on Wednesday, May 23, between 8:30 and 6 pm at the Student Success Center in Danielson.
- Willimantic Regalia Pick-up: If you are not attending the event on the 22nd and would like your regalia delivered to the Windham Tech, please email your name and height to Amy Kacerik. Pick-up will take place on Wednesday, May 23, between 4:00 and 6:30 pm.
- Diplomas – You will receive a diploma cover the evening of graduation. Diplomas will be mailed mid-July.
- Danielson Ceremony – Graduates should check in no later than 5 pm. The procession begins promptly at 6 p.m., and time is needed to ensure graduates are lined up correctly, name pronunciation is correct, and any outstanding issue regarding honors or honors chords is answered.
- Inclement Weather – Tickets will be required for guests, who should enter the building at the gymnasium entrance. Each graduate will receive FIVE tickets for guests when they pick up their cap and gown. Graduates should report to the Bates Auditorium no later than 4:30 p.m.