Be the Commencement Speaker for 2017
Every spring, a committee composed of faculty and staff selects a graduating student to serve as the commencement speaker. Students who are graduating during the summer, fall or spring term and plan to attend the commencement ceremony in May are encouraged to apply.
- Complete the 2017 Commencement Speaker Application.
- Work with a mentor from the faculty and staff to help you prepare your speech.
- 2017 Giving a Speech: The Basics
- Auditions in front of the committee are scheduled during the month of April.
- Selection made by the committee. Sometimes there are opportunities for students who are not selected to speak at additional college engagements.