Semester Honors Requirements:
- Full-time students who are matriculated in a certificate or degree program and who successfully complete 12 or more credits of work in a semester with a grade point average of 3.4 or higher shall be recognized by having their names placed on the Dean’s List.
- Part-time students who are matriculated in a certificate or degree program are also eligible for such recognition when they have completed 12 or more credits of work with a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or higher. They may be subsequently recognized at the completion of an additional 12 or more credits of work with a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or higher, and at successive intervals of 12 credits.
- A course Withdrawal or Incomplete shall make the student ineligible for Dean’s List recognition that semester. Upon completion of the Incomplete, the student may be recognized retroactively.
- Students who are in a probationary status are not eligible for Dean’s List recognition, even if their cumulative grade point average might otherwise make them eligible.
- Part-time students must have completed 12 credits before being eligible for Dean’s List honors, making their minimum credit threshold equivalent to that for full-time students.
To graduate with honors, a student must have earned at least 30 of the credits accepted for graduation at QVCC.
Summa Cum Laude 3.9 or higher GPA
Magna Cum Laude 3.7 to 3.89 GPA
Cum Laude 3.4 to 3.69 GPA
Students with a grade of “I” (Incomplete) are ineligible for graduation honors.
Courses taken at other institutions are not included in computing honor status.
QVCC has chapters of four honor societies that certain students are eligible for membership in.